Speaking Up: building the reporter experience into Speak Up arrangements
Staff willingness to speak up and bring ideas for innovation or raise concerns of misconduct in the workplace is a key facet of an open ethical culture in any organisation. But how easy is this in practice? Have you ever put yourself in the shoes of a reporter, and viewed it from their perspective?
During this online workshop participants will be walked through the Speak Up journey from the perspective of the user (as established in the IBE Speak Up Toolkit – our practical solution for developing an ethical culture).
Good practice will be explored following a ‘speak up, listen up, follow up’ model which will help programme owners to build trust and confidence in their Speak Up arrangements.
The course promotes good practice which is established through IBE research, experience and knowledge, as well as allowing space for those on the training to share their own experiences.
This online training masterclass, facilitated by the IBE, will equip those interested in supporting those who speak up with new knowledge, tips and tools.
All participants will also receive a complimentary copy of the IBE Good Practice Guide: Encouraging a Speak Up Culture.
The intended audience for this training masterclass is as follows (although others with an interest in the subject area are also encouraged to participate):
• Those with responsibility for their organisation’s speak up/whistleblowing arrangements.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com
- Refund policy:
- Cancellations received in writing more than one week before the course/event: full refund (any refunds will be made against the card used for purchase)
- Cancellations received less than one week before the course/event: no refund
- Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute cancellation and the full fee will be forfeited
- If you would like to transfer to a different course/event, we will be happy to help. However if you transfer less than one week before the course/event date, the full fee will be forfeit. You may only transfer once per booking. If you cancel after transferring, the fee paid will be forfeited
- Substitutions may be made at any date
To encourage frank discussion amongst participants and the open sharing of ideas and experiences, all IBE events take place under the Chatham House Rule unless stated otherwise.
This means that participants are free to use the information received but neither the identity nor affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.