The Institute of Business Ethics was established in 1986 to promote high standards of business behaviour based on ethical values.
The IBE is an important partner to any business wanting to preserve its long-term reputation by doing business in the right way.
All organisations need to demonstrate they are trustworthy in order to operate effectively and sustainably. Reputations are not based solely on the delivery of products and services, but on how an organisation values its stakeholders. Having a reputation for acting with honesty and integrity not only differentiates an organisation, it makes it more successful.
Since 1986, the IBE has advised organisations on how to strengthen their ethical culture by sharing knowledge and good practice, resulting in relationships with employees and stakeholders that are based on trust.We achieve this by:
- Acting as a critical friend to organisations we work with
- Advising senior business leaders and those with responsibility for developing and embedding corporate ethics policies
- Supporting the development of these policies through networking events, regular publications, research and benchmarking as well as training
- Providing guidance to staff through bespoke training and decision-making tools
- Educating the next generation of business leaders in schools and universities.
The IBE is a registered charity funded by corporate and individual donations.
Donate today and be part of a network sharing good practice in business ethics.
The IBE carries out research into business ethics issues and publishes practical guidance
Find out more and keep up to date with business ethics thinking.
Our networking events provide you with a chance to hear the latest about current issues while sharin ...
We run regular training courses designed to build understanding of the why, what and how of business ...
Support from our experienced team on all aspects of an ethics programme
Practical tools to help organisations support ethical business practice
Sharing our expertise and spreading good practice