The Institute of Business Ethics (IBE) is a registered charity (no. 1180741) and Company Registration (no.11594672).
We promise to respect and look after all personal data you share with us, or that we get from other organisations. We will always keep it safe. We aim to be clear when we collect your data, what we will use it for, and not do anything you would not reasonably expect. We will never sell your personal data to other organisations, and will only ever share it in appropriate, legal or exceptional circumstances.
We take your privacy seriously and are committed to protecting your personal information. We aim to be clear and open about our data and security practices.
Where we ask you to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement, and in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
What we collect
We may collect and process any personal information which you provide to us, including:
- Information that you provide to us via our website http://www.ibe.org.uk. For example, the information you provide to us if you subscribe to our newsletter, enter a competition, complete a survey, request information or choose to attend one of our events.
- Information that you provide to us when purchasing goods or services via our website, for example the account details you provide to us if making a purchase by credit card, debit card, or direct debit.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence until the issue is concluded.
- If you are a registered member of our site, we may collect statistical information about the publications which you may access through our site, and the pages that you visit on our site.
- If you make a direct debit transaction through our site, only the last 4 digits of your account number is stored against your record in our database which is held securely.
Please note that we do not collect any information when you enter your credit/debit card details online. Credit/Debit card payments are processed by our payment partner SagePay and WorldPay.
How do we use your information
We may use the information you have provided to us in the following ways:
- To send newsletters to you if you have consented to receive them.
- To provide you with information about our products, services, and upcoming events if you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Sharing your data (name and company only) with our internal event staff and external events staff, where applicable. Attendee lists will be only be distributed to those attending an IBE course/event.
- When attending an event or course at the IBE, only your name and company will be on the attendee list. This is used only for the purposes of networking as part of the event or in the purposes of interaction during the course, and NOT for the purposes of marketing.
- To notify you about any important changes to our products and services which may impact you, or your use of our site.
- We may use statistical information collected about the publications you have purchased through our site and the pages which you have visited on our site to improve the content and product offerings on our site, and to customise the layout of our site to better suit the users of our site.
- To fulfil any transaction for any goods or services you have ordered via our site.
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19):
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we may need to share contact information (mobile telephone number, email and address) with local public health authorities if any event, training or meeting participant becomes ill with a suspected infectious disease.
We will not sell or license your personal information to any third party. We will not share your information with any third parties, without your written consent. However, we may disclose your personal information:
- In order to provide you with any goods or services you have purchased or requested if this is necessary.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation to do so.
All personal information provided to us is stored on our secure servers located in the UK.
We do not keep your information for longer than necessary. We keep financial information for seven years due to legal requirements.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to or from our site
If you have purchased a product or service from IBE or have opted-in to hear about IBE’s services and products, we will send you information which may be of interest to you.
You have a right to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes at any time. All our marketing emails contain unsubscribe links. You can also contact us at any time to request a change to your marketing preferences.
You may unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by using the ‘unsubscribe’ functionality at the foot of any marketing communications sent to you.
Links to other websites
The IBE does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information on these websites or the organisations they represent.
Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then send you an access request form to complete and return to us, and the IBE will respond to any data subject access request within 30 calendar days.