Terms and Conditions
Website Terms and Conditions
- the content of the pages of this website are for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice
- neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law
- your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements
- this website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions
- all trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website
- unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence
- from time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s)
- your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by IBE and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of IBE. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, IBE takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Events and Training Terms and Conditions
Customer - The person, firm or company identified as enrolling a delegate
Delegate - A person attending the event and may include a customer
Event - Courses, discussions or seminars offered by IBE at the stated 'venue'
Venue - The location at which an event is held
The customer is deemed to accept these terms upon enrolling upon an event and is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all details submitted.
These terms govern the booking for the event to the exclusion of any terms and conditions of the customer. The booking form incorporates these terms and constitutes a legally binding contract.
Fees and Payment
The price for an event is per delegate and includes use of all materials supplied. Refreshments will be provided.
Prices are correct at the time of going to press, but may be subject to increase.
Payment in full must be received and cleared before the start of the event. We accept payment by direct debit, SagePay, or selected credit/debit cards.
IBE reserves the right to refuse admission for any failure by a customer to pay fees for the event prior to the start of the event.
An invoice can be issued prior to the start of the event. Payment must however be received and cleared before the start of the event.
Upon receipt of a completed booking form, IBE will confirm availability and confirm receipt of payment, where applicable.
If an invoice has been requested, the issue of an invoice will serve as acknowledgement of the requested event and booking acknowledgement.
Bookings are not confirmed until a booking acknowledgment has been issued.
IBE reserves the right to run events at a different 'venue' to the one specified, when necessary. If this is the case IBE will inform the customer/delegate as soon as possible and provide information about the revised 'venue'.
Any opinions expressed by speakers at any event are their own and not necessarily those of IBE.
IBE shall endeavour to ensure that the published programme is provided. However, IBE reserves the right to alter published programmes, dates and speakers according to circumstances. IBE’s liability in respect of such change will be limited to a refund of the customer's fees if so requested.
Cancellations and Substitutions
IBE reserves the right to cancel, postpone or otherwise alter the content or date of an event without notice. In such circumstances, IBE may, at its own discretion, return any payment received without penalty of a cancellation charge.
In the event of cancellation by a delegate or the customer, submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, cancellation fees will be due as follows. If you:
-cancel an order for an event or course more than one week before the course/ event: you will be entitled to a full refund
-cancel an order for an event or course less than one week before the course/ event: you are liable for the full cost of the event and not entitled to any refund
-failure to attend an event or course, you are not entitled to a refund
- If you would like to transfer to a different course/event, we will be happy to help.
- However if you transfer less than one week before the course/event date, the full fee will be forfeit.
- You may only transfer once per booking.
- If you cancel after transferring, the fee paid will be forfeited.
- Substitutions may be made at any date, subject to approval by the IBE.
Personal belongings and items belonging to or in the possession of the delegate brought onto the venue are the sole responsibility of the owner and IBE accepts no responsibility for such items.
IBE will not be liable for any failure or delay in the delivery of the event which is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control. Where such an event occurs IBE's obligations will be suspended for so long as such circumstances continue or the event may be cancelled in which case the provisions of clause 7 will apply.
IBE reserves all rights in the content of all events and Materials. By signing the booking form customers acknowledge that all rights in the content of events and Materials shall be owned by IBE and that in attending an event, delegates will not obtain any rights whatsoever in such content or Materials.
The customer agrees not to reproduce, sell, hire or copy materials (in whole or part) and not to use such Materials except for the purpose of post event reference.
If you do not wish to receive any further information from us please notify us by post, email or telephone on 020 7798 6040.
Limitation of Liability
Except in respect of liability for death or personal injury caused by IBE’s negligence IBE's aggregate liability, whether for damages or compensation of any nature arising from the contract for the event (including as a result of negligence) shall be limited to the total sum or sums paid by the customer for attendance at the chosen event.
IBE shall not be liable in respect of loss of profits, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings or indirect or consequential loss or damage (whether caused by negligence or otherwise); or any act, omission or breach of contract by the customers employees, agents or sub-contractors.
If you have any additional requirements due to a disability or any other reason please notify IBE to discuss requirements.
IBE will not be liable for any travel or other expenses incurred by delegates attending events.
Delegates agree to comply with both IBE and the venue's policies and procedures at all times during the event. Where the delegate does not sign the booking form for an event, the customer signing the booking form shall procure that the delegate is bound by these terms.
IBE reserves the right to refuse admission to any person whom it considers in its absolute discretion to be unsuitable for admission to the event or to remove any such person after the commencement of the event.
The contract arising from a booking does not create or infer any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 which are enforceable by any person who is not a party to the contract.
Any contract arising from these terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any dispute that may arise between the parties concerning these terms or any contract arising therefrom shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Publications: Ordering, Payment and Delivery
- Some Publications are free to download.
- All other Publications are only available in hard copy and require payment upfront. Once monies have been received, the order will be fulfilled. Payment is via SagePay or you payment by credit card is accepted by calling the office. The option to request an invoice is also available. The purchased order will be fulfilled once payment has been received.
- The publication price includes UK 2nd class postage and packing.
- Your order will be dispatched within 3 working days of receipt of your payment.
Institute of Business Ethics (IBE) is governed by Articles of Association.
For further details or copies of our governing documents please contact:
Institute of Business Ethics
24 Greencoat Place London SW1P 1BE
Tel: 020 7798 6040
Institute of Business Ethics or IBE (referred to as ‘us’ or ‘we’) is a Company limited by guarantee (registration 11594672) and a Registered Charity (1180741). We strive to promote high standards of business behaviour based on ethical values. We advise organisations on how to strength their ethical culture by sharing knowledge and good practice.
We believe that having an ethical reputation will not only differentiate your organisation, but will ensure sustainability and help to grow your success.
Donating to the IBE ensures that we are able to share good practice and spread ethical knowledge to develop your business, increase your network, educate your workforce from the Board to staff, suppliers and stakeholders, and to ensure that all of the above are consistently updated with the latest thinking.
Organisations regardless of size, location, sector, industry, or experience are all welcome to donate to the IBE. We suggest an annual donation and an amount pursuant to your circumstance if you are an individual or if an organisation, this is determined by the number of employees.
As you are donating to an education charity, your donation is non-VATable. However, where applicable, some service elements are subject to VAT.