Understanding Business Ethics
This one day training course covers a breadth of topics, essential for those wishing to think practically about business ethics.
The course provides a comprehensive practical foundation, allowing participants to take a step back and see how the ideas, principles and theory apply to their world of work.
During the day, the following topics will be covered:
- Why business ethics is important
- Why good people can sometimes do bad things
- Ethical decision-making models and handling ethical dilemmas
- The importance of leadership in establishing an ethical culture
The course promotes good practice which is established through IBE research and knowledge, as well as allowing space for those in the room to share their experiences, in support of additional mutual learning.
Whilst this course is open to everyone, the following groups will find it particularly beneficial:
- New members of departments with responsibility for corporate ethics
- Employees, and particularly managers, not employed in the ethics function wanting to understand how organisations can put ethical commitments into practice
- Ethics Ambassadors who want to develop a wider understanding of business ethics from outside their organisation
- Experienced ethics function leaders seeking a refresher or who have never had structured ethics training
- Senior managers and board members requiring an understanding of business ethics
- Academics looking for a practical application of their research / studies.
In addition to dynamic learning and networking opportunities, there are several key outcomes that participants can expect from the course. These include:
- Improving understanding of business ethics in practice
- Demonstrating how and why business ethics is important, and
- Promoting ethical decision-making.
All participants will also receive a detailed training pack, including training scenarios, to take away with them.
This course costs £225 for IBE Supporters and £275 for Non-Supporters.
All participants will receive a detailed training pack to take away with them.
Refreshments will be served throughout the day and a light lunch will be provided.
Participants can request to receive a certificate of completion after the course.
To encourage frank discussion amongst participants and the open sharing of ideas and experiences, all IBE events take place under the Chatham House Rule unless stated otherwise.
This means that participants are free to use the information received but neither the identity nor affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refund policy:
- Cancellations received in writing more than one week before the course/event: full refund (any refunds will be made against the card used for purchase)
- Cancellations received less than one week before the course/event: no refund
- Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute cancellation and the full fee will be forfeited
- If you would like to transfer to a different course/event, we will be happy to help. However if you transfer less than one week before the course/event date, the full fee will be forfeit. You may only transfer once per booking. If you cancel after transferring, the fee paid will be forfeited
- Substitutions may be made at any date