Understanding Business Ethics: decisions and behaviours
This online training course is essential for those wishing to think practically about business ethics. We help you to understand what business ethics means and to build the case internally for investing time and resources in promoting ethical behaviour.
Together, we look at what influences people's decisions - why good people might end up doing bad things - and we discuss practical ways in which your organisation can promote the desired behaviours. A key feature of the course is the discussion of ethical dilemmas that will build your competence and confidence in addressing ethical challenges.
The course is based on good practice established through IBE’s research and expertise. It is designed to be interactive; we will provide plenty of opportunities for you to discuss and share ideas with us and your peers.
Key dates and times
On-demand materials open from Monday 13 September 2021
Live session on Thursday 30 September 2021, 14:00 - 16:00 BST
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain what business ethics is and why it matters
- Understand how people make decisions, including possible biases
- Know how to make ethical decisions and support ethical decision-making
- Recognise ethical dilemmas and discuss them with colleagues
- Understand the importance of ethical leadership.
At the end of the course, you can request a certificate of attendance.
This course is particularly appropriate for:
• Any manager who wants to understand how organisations can put ethical commitments into practice
• Ethics ‘ambassadors’ (champions, liaisons, correspondents) who want to develop a wider understanding of business ethics from outside their organisation
• Members of departments with responsibility for corporate ethics, especially if new to role
This course will run in two parts.
On Demand Training
In part one, you will work through the course materials via a restricted area of our website. You will have 24/7 access for two weeks to complete the content. Each module includes video content, individual assignments and group discussions to complete and submit. You will also have links to supplementary material so that, if you wish, you can follow up on any topics in more depth.
You can work through the materials at a time and pace to suit you. You will have the ability to go back and review the content within the set period detailed above and can learn on the go with mobile access. You will receive support from our trainers and events team within our usual office hours and have access to the UBE discussion board to engage with others.
Live Interactive Session
In part two, you will join our trainers and the other participants for a two-hour live online interactive session, which will provide an opportunity to discuss practical ethical dilemmas, learn more from the trainers and ask any remaining questions.
We estimate that the whole course (parts one and two) will take approximately 5½ hours to complete.
• £650.00 Standard
• £550.00 IBE Supporters
However, we are offering a special early bird discount until 16 August 2021 23:59 BST:
• £550.00 Standard
• £450.00 IBE Supporters
Prices include parts 1 and 2 of the online training course.
Payment in full must be received and cleared before the start of the training course (13 September 2021). We accept payment by credit/debit card via SagePay.
To make a booking you will need to...
Register for a free online profile
To register for this training you will need to create an online profile, to do so please complete the registration form.
Once you have completed this registration form you will receive a welcome email to activate your profile. This process includes setting your password and selecting your mailing preferences in the first time login form. Setting up your profile will enable you to receive IBE newsletters, purchase publications, book events, as well as register for this training.
Already have an online profile?
If you already have a profile but cannot remember your password please request to set your password - you will then receive a link to do so via email. Once you have set your password you will be able to login and register for this course.
Please email email@example.com if you have any trouble accessing, or setting up your profile.
What happens next...
Once you have booked a ticket you will receive your joining information.
We look forward to you joining our online training, and we hope you stay safe and well. Please note that when attending our online training, your Health & Safety is your responsibility.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refund policy:
- Cancellations received in writing more than one week before the course/event: full refund (any refunds will be made against the card used for purchase)
- Cancellations received less than one week before the course/event: no refund
- Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute cancellation and the full fee will be forfeited
- If you would like to transfer to a different course/event, we will be happy to help. However if you transfer less than one week before the course/event date, the full fee will be forfeit. You may only transfer once per booking. If you cancel after transferring, the fee paid will be forfeited
- Substitutions may be made at any date
To encourage frank discussion amongst participants and the open sharing of ideas and experiences, all IBE events take place under the Chatham House Rule unless stated otherwise.
This means that participants are free to use the information received but neither the identity nor affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.