Speaking Up: building the reporter experience into Speak Up arrangements
Staff willingness to speak up and bring ideas for innovation or raise concerns of misconduct in the workplace is a key facet of an open ethical culture in any organisation. But how easy is this in practice? Have you ever put yourself in the shoes of a reporter, and viewed it from their perspective?
During this online masterclass participants will be walked through the Speak Up journey from the perspective of the user. Good practice will be explored across the following areas of the Speak Up journey, as identified in the IBE Speak Up Toolkit app – our practical solution for developing an open culture:
- Having a concern
- Speaking to someone
- Making a report
- Once an investigation is underway
- After speaking up.
The masterclass promotes good practice which is established through IBE research, experience and knowledge, as well as allowing space for those on the training to share their own experiences.
This online masterclass, facilitated by the IBE, will equip those interested in supporting those who speak up with new knowledge, tips and tools. All participants will also receive a complimentary copy of the IBE Good Practice Guide: Encouraging a Speak Up Culture. At the end of the course, participants can request a certificate of attendance.
The intended audience for this training is as follows (although others with an interest in the subject area are also encouraged to participate):
- Managers / senior managers / heads of functions with responsibility for their organisation’s speak up / whistleblowing arrangements.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com
- Refund policy:
- Cancellations received in writing more than one week before the course/event: full refund (any refunds will be made against the card used for purchase)
- Cancellations received less than one week before the course/event: no refund
- Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute cancellation and the full fee will be forfeited
- If you would like to transfer to a different course/event, we will be happy to help. However if you transfer less than one week before the course/event date, the full fee will be forfeit. You may only transfer once per booking. If you cancel after transferring, the fee paid will be forfeited
- Substitutions may be made at any date
To encourage frank discussion amongst participants and the open sharing of ideas and experiences, all IBE events take place under the Chatham House Rule unless stated otherwise.
This means that participants are free to use the information received but neither the identity nor affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.