Embedding Business Ethics
This course is designed to equip you and your organisation with practical knowledge and tips to manage your ethics programme effectively.
Are you planning to draft a new code of ethics for your organisation? Or do you have one but are wondering how to go ‘beyond the pdf’ and make it truly effective for employees? Would you like to find out more about how to train employees on ethics and how to encourage them to raise their concerns about misconduct?
Backed up by the IBE’s practical experience, research findings and examples of good practice, the course will help you to answer these and other questions and to understand how behaviour based on ethical values can be embedded in your organisation.
What topics will be covered in the course:
- What is business ethics and why is it important?
- How to develop an ethics programme
- What is a code of ethics and how can it be made effective?
- How can you communicate the ethics message internally?
- Speaking up and handling cases
- Training employees on ethical standards
- Tips for delivering training
- Monitoring the ethics programme
At the end of the course, participants can request a certificate of completion.
This course will run in two parts.
On Demand Training
In part one, participants will work through our course materials in their own time and pace via a restricted area of our website. Participants will have 24/7 access to the course from 26 October 2020 to 12 November 2020 in order to complete the content. Each module includes video content, individual assignments and group discussions to complete and submit to our trainers. Participants have the ability to go back and review the content within the set period detailed above and can learn on the go with mobile access. Course participants will receive support from our trainers and events team within our usual office hours and have access to the EBE discussion board to engage with others.
Live Interactive Session
In part two, participants will conclude the course by joining our trainers for a live online interactive session on 12 November 2020 (10:00 - 12:00). The session will be an opportunity to debrief on some of the individual assignments, learn more from the trainers and ask any remaining questions.
Whilst this course is open to everyone, the following groups will find it particularly beneficial:
• New members of departments with responsibility for corporate ethics
• Employees, and particularly managers, wanting to understand how organisations can put ethical commitments into practice
• Ethics Ambassadors (or similar) who want to develop a wider understanding of business ethics from outside their organisation
• Experienced ethics function leaders seeking a refresher involving new ethics issues or who have never had structured ethics training
• Senior managers and board members requiring an understanding of applied business ethics
• Academics looking for practical application of their research/studies
• Anyone who has participated in our Understanding Business Ethics course and wishes to extend their practical knowledge and deepen their understanding.
We estimate that the whole course (parts one and two) will take approximately 6 hours to complete.
To make a booking you will need to...
Register for a free online profile
To register for this training you will need to create an online profile, to do so please complete the registration form.
Once you have completed this registration form you will receive a welcome email to activate your profile. This process includes setting your password and selecting your mailing preferences in the first time login form. Setting up your profile will enable you to receive IBE newsletters, purchase publications, book events, as well as register for this training.
Already have an online profile?
If you already have a profile but cannot remember your password please request to set your password - you will then receive a link to do so via email. Once you have set your password you will be able to login and register for this course.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any trouble accessing, or setting up your profile.
What happens next...
Once you have booked a ticket you will receive your joining information.
We look forward to you joining our online training, and we hope you stay safe and well. Please note that when attending our online training, your Health & Safety is your responsibility.
• £650.00 Standard
• £550.00 IBE Supporters
However, we are offering a special early bird discount until 28 September 2020:
• £550.00 Standard
• £450.00 IBE Supporters
Prices include parts 1 and 2 of the online training course.
Payment in full must be received and cleared before the start of the training course (26 October 2020). We accept payment by credit/debit card via SagePay.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com
- Refund policy:
- Cancellations received in writing more than one week before the course/event: full refund (any refunds will be made against the card used for purchase)
- Cancellations received less than one week before the course/event: no refund
- Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute cancellation and the full fee will be forfeited
- If you would like to transfer to a different course/event, we will be happy to help. However if you transfer less than one week before the course/event date, the full fee will be forfeit. You may only transfer once per booking. If you cancel after transferring, the fee paid will be forfeited
- Substitutions may be made at any date
To encourage frank discussion amongst participants and the open sharing of ideas and experiences, all IBE events take place under the Chatham House Rule unless stated otherwise.
This means that participants are free to use the information received but neither the identity nor affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.