Effective Ethics Programmes: Embedding Business Ethics
This online training course is essential for those who wish to know how to operate an effective business ethics programme. We help you to understand the key building blocks: a well-designed code of ethics, a trusted speak up facility, and effective training and communications – combined with an ability to assess the programme’s effectiveness and progress.
Drawing on IBE’s research and experience, we will give you plenty of ideas and practical tips. The course is designed to be interactive; we will provide plenty of opportunities for you to discuss and share ideas with us and your peers.
Key dates and times
- On-demand materials open from Monday 24 October 2022
- Live session on Tuesday 08 November 2022, 14:00 - 16:00 GMT
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Design or update your code of ethics and improve its effectiveness
- Strengthen your internal communication strategy around ethics
- Understand how to encourage people to speak up about their ethical concerns
- Understand the different training options available to your organisation and how to design effective training scenarios
- Monitor your ethics programme to identify possible gaps or potential development opportunities.
This course is particularly appropriate for:
- Members of functions with responsibility for corporate ethics
- Managers who work closely with the ethics function.
This course will run in two parts.
In part one, you will work through the course materials via a restricted area of our website. You will have 24/7 access for two weeks to complete the content. Each module includes video content, individual assignments and group discussions to complete and submit. You will also have links to supplementary material so that, if you wish, you can follow up on any topics in more depth.
You can work through the materials at a time and pace to suit you. You will have the ability to go back and review the content within the set period detailed above and can learn on the go with mobile access. You will receive support from our trainers and events team within our usual office hours and have access to the EBE discussion board to engage with others.
Live interactive session
In part two, you will join our trainers and the other participants for a two-hour live online interactive session, which will provide an opportunity to discuss practical ethical dilemmas, learn more from the trainers and ask any remaining questions.
We estimate that the whole course (parts one and two) will take approximately 6 hours to complete.
I thought it was an excellent balance of using the online training to cover the content, the assignments for participants to examine specific application for them and the in-person training to bring it to life, address any queries, etc.
EBE Participant, March 2021
• £680.00 Standard
• £580.00 IBE Supporters
However, we are offering a special early bird discount until 26 September 2022 23:59 GMT
• £580.00 Standard
• £480.00 IBE Supporters
Prices include parts 1 and 2 of the online training course.
Payment in full must be received and cleared before the start of the training course (24 October 2022). We accept payment by credit/debit card via SagePay.
To make a booking you will need to...
Register for a free online profile
To register for this training you will need to create an online profile, to do so please complete the registration form.
Once you have completed this registration form you will receive a welcome email to activate your profile. This process includes setting your password and selecting your mailing preferences in the first time login form. Setting up your profile will enable you to receive IBE newsletters, purchase publications, book events, as well as register for this training.
Already have an online profile?
If you already have a profile but cannot remember your password please request to set your password - you will then receive a link to do so via email. Once you have set your password you will be able to login and register for this course.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any trouble accessing, or setting up your profile.
What happens next...
Once you have booked a ticket you will receive your joining information.
We look forward to you joining our online training, and we hope you stay safe and well. Please note that when attending our online training, your Health & Safety is your responsibility.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com
- Cancellations received in writing more than one week before the course: full refund – refunds will be made against the card used for purchase (please note, bookings with Reed are subject to a 50% cancellation fee and must be processed via the Reed platform)
- Cancellations received less than one week before the course: no refund
- Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute cancellation and the full fee will be forfeited
- Transferring your place:
- If you would like to transfer to a different course, or course date, we will be happy to help
- You may only transfer once per booking
- If you transfer less than one week before the course date, the full fee will be forfeit
- If you cancel after transferring, the full fee will be forfeited
- Substitutions may be made at any date
To encourage frank discussion amongst participants and the open sharing of ideas and experiences, this event will take place under the Chatham House Rule.
This means that participants are free to use the information received but neither the identity nor affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.