Business Ethics Network (BEN) Meeting - Managing ethics across different cultures
This BEN meeting will discuss how organisations deal with managing ethics in different countries and situations for example in mergers and acquisitions, across countries and those working in the office vs in the field.
How do you manage cultures when different sub cultures exist as well?
We’re running this meeting face-to-face due to demand, we really hope you can join us.
It will take place at 24 Greencoat Place, London and a lunch will be provided. Please ensure you state any dietary or access requirements in the booking process.
Speakers: Philip Bastos Martin, Head of Compliance & Ethics, EMEA at Eisai Europe Ltd; Marek Podsiadly, Risk, Information & Controls Partner at Southern Water Services Ltd and Steven Pegg, Senior Ethics Officer International at Lockheed Martin.
Network Moderator & Chair
What are Business Ethics Network (BEN) meetings?
Our network meetings, which happen regularly throughout the year, are the pillars around which the community is built. These invitation-only events are usually focused on a specific topic and are led by a member or members of the network who candidly share their experience and pose probing questions for group discussion.
All network meetings are hosted and facilitated under the Chatham House Rule by the IBE.
These meetings are both practitioner-led and practitioner-focused, with invitations only extended to those responsible for the ethics and compliance programme in their organisation (which must have more than 250 employees). Invitees are, however, free to recommend alternates / subject-matter experts from their organisation to attend either with them, or in their place. Registrations are limited to 2 participants per organisation per meeting.
Network meetings are a unique opportunity to join the conversation to discuss the challenges, issues and successes of embedding ethical values within your organisation, with your peers.
- Please do everything you can to keep safe.
- Use the alcohol-based hand sanitisers available throughout the premises – and wash your hands when you can.
- Listen to the building’s staff guidance as you enter the venue. They are here to help you enjoy your visit.
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue and dispose of promptly using one of the bins provided
- The venue still requires people to wear a face-covering in the communal areas only. Once in a meeting room, it is up to the individual as to whether they want to continue or abandon face coverings.
We also recommend to read the latest guidance:
- Living safely with respiratory infections, including COVID-19 here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-safely-with-respiratory-infections-including-covid-19
- IBE will continue to follow, monitor and implement all government advice. If there are any changes we will inform you of these as soon as possible.
To encourage frank discussion amongst participants and the open sharing of ideas and experiences, this event will take place under the Chatham House Rule.
This means that participants are free to use the information received but neither the identity nor affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.
To book your place you will need to set up your online profile; please request to set your password - you will then receive a link to do so via email. Once you have set your password you will be able to login for the first time, set your preferences and register for the meeting.
Please note that places are limited to those within the network however, as a network member, if you are not able to attend and would like to transfer your place to another member of your team, please email email@example.com.