Managing Business Ethics
This one day training course, facilitated by the IBE, covers a breadth of topics, essential for those thinking practically about the application of ethical values in their organisation.
The course covers the framework that the IBE has developed to reflect a mature ethics programme in an organisation. Backing up the IBE practical experience with both research results and examples of good practice, the course encourages participants to think about how a workable framework can be applied in their organisation.
During the day, the following topics will be covered:
- Why is it important to manage an organisation’s approach to business ethics?
- What are the different elements of a comprehensive ethics programme?
- Examples and ideas of how the ethics programme can be translated in practice
The course aims to promote good practice which has been established through IBE 30 years of research and practical experience. It will allow space for those in the room to share their experiences, in support of additional mutual learning and practical lessons.
Whilst this course is open to everyone, the following groups will find it particularly beneficial:
- New members of departments with responsibility for corporate ethics
- Employees, and particularly managers, wanting to understand how organisations can put ethical commitments into practice
- Ethics Ambassadors (or similar) who want to develop a wider understanding of business ethics from outside their organisation
- Experienced ethics function leaders seeking a refresher involving new ethics issues or who have never had structured ethics training
- Senior managers and board members requiring an understanding of applied business ethics
- Academics looking for practical application of their research / studies.
In addition to practical learning and networking opportunities, there are several key outcomes that participants can expect from the course. These include:
- Improving understanding of business ethics in practice
- Demonstrating how and why business ethics is important, and
- Understanding the tools available to organisations to embed their ethical values in their day-to-day practice
This course costs £225 for IBE Supporters and £275 for Non-Supporters.
All participants will receive a detailed training pack to take away with them.
Refreshments will be served throughout the day and a light lunch will be provided.
Participants can request to receive a certificate of completion after the course.
To encourage frank discussion amongst participants and the open sharing of ideas and experiences, all IBE events take place under the Chatham House Rule unless stated otherwise.
This means that participants are free to use the information received but neither the identity nor affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refund policy:
- Cancellations received in writing more than one week before the course/event: full refund (any refunds will be made against the card used for purchase)
- Cancellations received less than one week before the course/event: no refund
- Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute cancellation and the full fee will be forfeited
- If you would like to transfer to a different course/event, we will be happy to help. However if you transfer less than one week before the course/event date, the full fee will be forfeit. You may only transfer once per booking. If you cancel after transferring, the fee paid will be forfeited
- Substitutions may be made at any date